Unable to extract Python source code using Windows

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Tue May 16 18:44:28 EDT 2006

> http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.4.3/Python-2.4.3.tar.bz2

And the reason for posting that would be what? WinZip doesn't support
bzip2 compression.

http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.4.3/Python-2.4.3.tgz (a gzipped tar
file) is what the OP would be better pointed at.

FWIW, I have just downloaded the above tgz file and successfully
unpacked it with WinZip versions 9 and 10, and with 7-Zip.

FWIW2, 7-Zip is *free* and handles bz2 files.

I would suggest that the OP's copy of WinZip v10 is stuffed, or his
whole download mechanism is stuffed. If he were to investigate properly
(as suggested by ScottDD) instead of thrashing about, ....