State of the "Vaults of Parnassus"

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Sun May 14 09:49:00 EDT 2006

Christoph Zwerschke wrote:
> Does anybody know what happened to the "Vaults of Parnassus" site at
> http://www.vex.net/~x/parnassus/?
>
> "Dr Dobb's weekly Python news" still claims that it "ambitiously
> collects references to all sorts of Python resources." But I have the
> impression that it does not do this any more since April 2005, probably
> because we have the Cheese Shop now. It's strange that the site does not
> mention that it is not maintained any more, and it is still possible to
> submit and update entries, but these changes seem to be discarded.
> That's not very nice. Also, I found no contact address on the whole
> website. Who is in charge of it?
>
> -- Christoph

The Vaults are run by one of my colleagues, who is (as it seems we all
are), rather overworked these days.  Last I heard he had someone who was
helping him every once in a while to review the new submissions, but
that was quite a while ago.  I don't *think* there's any discarding, but
rather a delay so long in publishing that it would feel like a discard...

Take care,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder