Swaying A Coder Away From Python

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu May 4 08:23:28 EDT 2006

Tim Williams wrote:

> It was forwarded to me by someone who knows I use Python, and I
> thought it might be of interest to a balanced list,   especially as it
> shows an external perspective of Python.   Are we not allowed to post
> negative things about Python anymore /.../

nope, but if we were to post to the list every time some random blogger says
something about Python, we wouldn't have room for much other stuff.

(and it doesn't show an external perspective of Python; it's a piece of lousy re-
porting that treats some random guy as an authority, at a moment in time where
the *real* story out there is that light-weight community-developed languages
are beginning to seriously invade the spaces formerly occupied by monolithic
environments controlled by Sun and Microsoft.  there are lots of stuff going on
out there these days...)

</F>