GladeGen and initializing widgets at startup

Aengys wim.verhavert at gmail.com
Sun May 7 04:24:31 EDT 2006

Thank you for your reply!

I finally managed to do what I wanted. Maybe a little side-remark here.
In the article you have said that all changes to the init-method are
lost once you regenerate the file. I have tried it, and indeed all my
changes were lost (which I had backed up before). So I've created a
method which do the initialization and I call this method from the
init-method. Maybe it would be a nice extention to include such a
method by default; a method you can fill with all the code that needs
to be done when initializing the window.... I'm not yet so familiar
with the whole process, but I might have a look at it in the future.
I'll keep you updated on that if it happens.

Regarding the extension of the show method: how do I do that? And what
benefit does it have to the solution mentioned above?

Aengys