Save data to a file thru a http connection

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Wed May 31 22:14:45 EDT 2006

On 1/06/2006 11:52 AM, yinglcs at gmail.com wrote:
> Scott,
>
> Can you please tell me which chapter of the tutorial that you are
> referring to http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html?
>
> The only chapter that I find about http is chapter 10.7, but it does
> not have the example that you are referring to

Break the problem up into two parts:

(1) Get some data.

You've achieved that, using HTTP.

(2) Save some data to a file.

Doesn't matter *how* you got the data. You need to know how to open a
file for writing and how to write to it and how to close it when you've
finished. Look for the section in the tutorial about *files*.

Better still, read *all* the sections in the tutorial :-)