send an email with picture/rich text format in the body

Ten runlevelten at gmail.com
Sun May 14 09:38:08 EDT 2006

On Sunday 14 May 2006 12:24, anya wrote:
> Hey,
> I have a certain problem and till now I didnt find an answer on the
> web.
>
> I want to send an email message with picture in it. I dont want to put
> it as
> attachment but make it in the body of the mail, so every one who open
> the email will see the picture.. (it is possible that the solution will
> be in any other format that will be opened i.e pdf, doc and I will put
> this in the body )
>
> Neither in MimeWriter nor using the definition of MymeTypes I was able
> to do it ..
>
> Does anyone have a solution?
>
> Thanks

The problem with doing this, programmatically or otherwise, is that however
you implement it, it's not going to work everywhere.

You can easily send it, but if you do include binary data in the message body,
then however you do it most people will be seeing a garbled (and offensive to
the the eye) message body.

I think it's not the right thing to do, either, if you ever managed to do this
it would be by working around how email is supposed to work.

Eventually, unless you have a userbase that is happy to open things in a
particular way for you, you'll have to bite the bullet and use more orthodox
techniques, methinks.

(he says with an image in his headers)

Ten

--
There are 10 types of people in this world,