Tabs are *EVIL*, end of discussion. (Re: Tabs versus Spaces in Source Code)

achates aylwyn at cantab.net
Wed May 17 06:56:17 EDT 2006

Andy Sy wrote:

>Don't be evil - always configure your editor to
>convert tabs to true spaces.

Yet another space-indenter demonstrates that problem actually lies with
people who think that tab == some spaces.

>And I, for the life of me, have never remembered
>getting any source code to display properly by
>fiddling with my text editor's (the very popular
>SciTE) tab settings.

Sorry to hear that. You should try using an editor that's easier for
you.

By the way, complaining about a thread's existence is pretty dumb. If
you don't like it, don't post to it. Or are you unable to operate your
news reader either?