how to clear up a List in python?

vbgunz vbgunz at gmail.com
Thu May 25 23:03:02 EDT 2006

> I guess Fredrik's message was more along the lines of ``don't try to
> "help" others after a week or two toying with the language because you
> might be offering disservice, despite your good intentions; leave this
> to more experienced users``. The words might have been a bit harsher
> but that's just his style; you'll get used to it if you hang around
> here often.

I much rather stand corrected than to silently remain ignorant. I take
revision of my solution for all it's worth but to be belittled without
correction is arrogant and unnecessary. I've been working with Python
for several months now and I feel I know plenty *but* I am still
learning.

I personally never had to clear a list. I never thought of Roberts
answer and my reasoning is in Roberts message. In the end I stood
correct because Robert was nice enough to answer two birds with one
stone. Fredrik on the other hand had nothing positive to add and his
message seemed gestapo.

Where I come from and how I grew up is quite simple. A wrong answer is
better than no answer and a worthless remark is worth garbage. Why?
Because no right answer is gospel and no answer no matter how dumb is
cause for discourtesy. I tried and thats the bottom line.