common practice for creating utility functions?

Mon May 15 15:20:57 EDT 2006

Dan Sommers wrote:

> Perhaps I'm "old school," but I don't bother with classes unless I'm
> going to end up with multiple instances (or I'm pushed into a corner by,
> e.g., a GUI framework).

Thanks to all of you! In fact, I sort of came to this same conclusion. I
started with a class, but realized there wasn't much of a point since
I'm just doing some 'work' and returning the cryptogram.

I might try the other suggestion too about convert_quote = make_code,
that might be ok. Or I can simply call make_code.

Thanks!