strip newlines and blanks

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Tue May 2 06:31:44 EDT 2006

micklee74 at hotmail.com enlightened us with:
> thanks..and sorry, i am using the web version of google groups and
> didn't find  an option i can edit my post

It's usenet, you can't edit posts.

> so i just removed it..

Which doesn't work at all. Stupid thing they allow you to try and
delete something on Google Groups, since removal of Usenet posts is
ignored by most Usetnet carriers.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa