Tktable, WinXP and ActiveState Python 2.4.3,x

jerry.levan at gmail.com jerry.levan at gmail.com
Tue May 30 23:49:13 EDT 2006

Hi,
I have a python app that runs fine on MacOS X and Fedora Core 5.

This evening I dragged the folder over to my windows partition and
tried to run the rascal.

The program starts up fine but at the first call to create a Table
object
I get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py",
line 310, in RunScript
    exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
  File "C:\Documents and
Settings\Jerry\Desktop\PyPgBrowseUni\PyPgExplorer.py", line 7, in ?
    obj.main()
  File "C:\Documents and
Settings\Jerry\Desktop\PyPgBrowseUni\Resources\PyPgBrowse.py", line 72,
in main
    self.build_ui( info)
  File "C:\Documents and
Settings\Jerry\Desktop\PyPgBrowseUni\Resources\PyPgBrowse.py", line
187, in build_ui
    rowtagcommand=self.rowproc
  File "C:\Documents and
Settings\Jerry\Desktop\PyPgBrowseUni\Resources\Tktable.py", line 64, in
__init__
    master.tk.call('load', '', 'Tktable' )
TclError: package "Tktable" isn't loaded statically
:

I get the same error if I try to create a Table object from the command
line
in a console.

I tried waving a dead chicken at my laptop but it did no good.

Is there some special magic to get Tktable.py to play nice?
I do have the latest Tcl from Active State loaded on my box and
the Tktable in my Tk programs work well...

Thanks for any insight....

Jerry