COM Server crashing when returning large arrays

Alastair Alexander alastair at gotadsl.co.uk
Wed May 24 18:40:59 EDT 2006

Bingo! Downloaded release 208 and the problem is solved!

"Stefan Schukat" <SSchukat at dspace.de> wrote in message
news:mailman.6105.1148382878.27775.python-list at python.org...
Hello Alistair,

which version of pythoncom you are using? In the newer versions there is
an support
for a "native" safearray (the data type Excel is providing). In older
versions the complete
array was converted to a tuple which is very time and memory consuming.
during this
conversion you could run out of memory since you have the Python objects
and the
COM data in your process. I think in 207 the patch was included.

Stefan