Python & SSL

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Wed May 3 17:56:40 EDT 2006

John J. Lee enlightened us with:
> Of course, remembering that the first thing to ask in response to
> "is it secure?"  is "against what?", for lots of purposes it just
> doesn't matter that it ignores certificates.

I'm curious. Can you give me an example? AFAIK you need to know who
you're talking to before transmitting sensitive information, otherwise
you could be talking to anybody - and that's just what you wanted to
prevent with the encryption, right?

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa