performance difference between OSx and Windows

dfj225 at gmail.com dfj225 at gmail.com
Tue May 23 17:54:21 EDT 2006

Hi Brian,

You may have already considered this, but since I didn't see it
mentioned in your post, I'll reply anyway.

I believe the Python binaries that Apple includes with OS X are always
slightly behind the latest that you can get from the official sources.
I'm not infront of my Mac right now, so I can't tell you the disparity.

One thing I would suggest would be to normalize the versions of Python
accross the two machines. I find that using Fink
(http://fink.sourceforge.net/) on OS X is the easiest way to install a
new version of Python (as well as much other open source software).

There are often speed improvements between older and newer Python
releases, so this might be the source of the execution time
differences.

cheers,
~doug