Python Version Testing Tool?

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Tue May 30 11:39:03 EDT 2006

Michael Yanowitz wrote:
> Hello:
>
>    Is there a version testing tool available for Python
> such that I can check to see if my code will still run in
> versions 2.2, 2.3, 2.4.3, and 1.1 (for example) (or whatever)
> without having to install all these different versions on my
> computer?

This is one of the things Movable Python is good at. (For Windows only
currently).

    http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/movpy/

You can test your code with multiple versions of Python (currently 2.2,
2.3 & 2.4) without having to install them. The next update will allow
you to switch which version you run your code with just by selecting
hte interpreter from the menu.

All the best,

Fuzzyman