installing numpy

Christoph Haas email at christoph-haas.de
Tue May 9 08:07:15 EDT 2006

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 09:43:50PM +1000, Gary Wessle wrote:
> Christoph Haas <email at christoph-haas.de> writes:
>
> > On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 09:03:31PM +1000, Gary Wessle wrote:
> > > I am trying to install NumPy in my debian/testing linux
> > > 2.6.15-1-686.
> > >
> > > with no numpy for debian/testing, I am left alone, since the
> > > experimental version available by debian will result in a dependency
> > > nightmares,
> >
> > What about "python-numeric"? Found through "apt-cache search numpy".
>
> is no longer maintained, notice my previous post titled "Numerical
> Python Tutorial errors"

Are you sure? The last update of the Debian package was slightly over a
month ago (http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/python-numeric.html).

And the description text reads:
"""
 The Numeric Extensions to Python (NumPy) ...
"""

And finally the /usr/share/doc/python-numeric/copyright.Debian reads:
"It was downloaded from http://numpy.sourceforge.net/"

Kindly
 Christoph

P.S.: Your mail client seems break the references. Your reply doesn't show
      up as a proper followup to my posting.
--
Please reply to the list - not to me personally. Personal replies are ignored.