Python editor recommendation.

Tue May 9 13:10:57 EDT 2006

DeepBlue wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can any one please recommend me an editor for coding Python. Thank u.
> I have Komodo (www.activestate.com) in my mind. Is the editor any good?
>
> regards.

As a newbie (referring to myself), I recommend typing everything by hand
first, so you will learn all the little things that need to be done. I
find that IDEs, and even some editors that have auto-complete, etc.,
necessarily cause your mind to skip over some things that, while you are
new to the language, you should do manually.

Of course, if you aren't new, ignore this post entirely! :)