getattr for modules not classes

Daniel Nogradi nogradi at gmail.com
Sun May 21 15:52:25 EDT 2006

Is there something analogous to __getattr__ for modules?

I know how to create a class that has attributes from a list and
nothing else by overloading __getattr__ and making sure that the
accessed attribute appears in my list. Now I would like to do the same
with a module, say x.py, in which I have a list, say mylist, and after
importing x from another module I would like to be able to say x.one(
) or x.two( ) if 'one' and 'two' are in mylist and raise an exception
if they aren't. Is this possible?