do "some action" once a minute

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Tue May 9 02:59:48 EDT 2006

Petr Jakes enlightened us with:
> I would like to do "some action" once a minute. My code (below)
> works, I just wonder if there is some more pythonic approach or some
> "trick" how to do it differently.

I'd use the Threading module, and the Timer object from that module to
be more precise. There you can simply say "call this function in 60
seconds" or something similar. Then your program just sleeps until
it's time to call the function.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa