clearerr called on NULL FILE* ?

Chad Austin chad at imvu.com
Wed May 10 09:56:19 EDT 2006

Sorry to respond to myself; I wanted to give an update on this crash.  It turns
out it's a race condition with multiple threads accessing the same Python file
object!

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=595601&group_id=5470&atid=105470

Python-dev thread at
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2003-June/036537.html

I wrote about the experience at http://aegisknight.livejournal.com/128191.html.
  I agree that our program was incorrect to be writing to a log on one thread
while it rotated them on another, but it'd be nice to get an exception that
unambiguously shows what's going on rather than having random crashes reported
in the field.

Chad