Proposal for new operators to python that add syntactic sugar for hierarcical data.

Heiko Wundram me+python at modelnine.org
Thu May 18 07:36:21 EDT 2006

Am Donnerstag 18 Mai 2006 13:27 schrieb bruno at modulix:
> Adding ugly and unintuitive "operators" to try to turn a general purpose
> programming language into a half-backed unusable HTML templating
> language is of course *much* more pythonic...

What about writing a mini-language that gets translated to Python? Think of
Cheetah, which does exactly this (albeit not being limited to templating HTML
data).

Adding these kind of operators to Python is an absolute NoNo, because it's
nothing general the OP is trying to achieve here. Creating a small wrapper
language: why not? (it's not that we have enough templating languages
already ;-))

By the way: the language you (the OP) are trying to implement here goes
strictly against the MVC model of application programming. You know that,
right?

--- Heiko.