saving settings

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon May 29 12:52:59 EDT 2006

On 2006-05-29, Diez B. Roggisch <deets at nospam.web.de> wrote:

> It _might_ come as a shock to you, but when you install e.g.
> Word on another computer, there aren't any documents coming
> with it.

Documents and settings aren't quite the same thing, but it's a
valid point.

> Especially not the ones you wrote on that other machine.
>
> Seriously: Who is going to copy a executable around?

I do.  I copy putty.exe around all of the time.

> Do you know of any other program that behaves like that?

Back in the day, that used to be fairly common under
DOS/Windows.  Not that it's still not a really bad idea.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm wet! I'm wild!
                                  at