wxPython problem

Bill Maxwell bill_maxwell_notMyRealAddress at notreal.net
Sun May 7 01:26:37 EDT 2006

On 28 Apr 2006 10:16:57 -0700, scottholdensmith at gmail.com wrote:

>What I'm wondering is, perhaps it has something to do with the wx.pth
>file? I can't seem to find anything in the documentation about what the
>path should be, which file it should be pointing to.

Mine has this in it:

	wx-2.6-msw-unicode

this points to a subdirectory of the site-packages directory.  Mine
looks like this:

	D:\Programs\Python\Lib\site-packages\wx-2.6-msw-unicode\wx
	D:\Programs\Python\Lib\site-packages\wx-2.6-msw-unicode\wxPython

My understanding is that the wx.pth adds to the Python path.  So, this
directory in your system:

	site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-unicode

is searched automatically.  From there, you need to import wx or
wxPython, then access using "wx." or "wxPython."

Regards,
Bill