Windows Registry Dump

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Fri May 19 05:56:11 EDT 2006

[Dirk Hagemann]

| @Diez: I'm not trying to hack into somebody's computer - it is about
| collecting data from my company's anti-virus-parent-server.
| And all the
| information is only available in the registry (thanks Symantec...).
|
| @Tim, olso and Fredrik: THANKS - I will have a closer look at these
| modules.

One thing occurred to me later, Dirk: are you trying to
get the conventional .reg dump file, ie something which
you could reload later into the same or another computer?
Or are you simply looking for a textual representation of
the registry for analysis etc.? From your comment above
it sounds like the latter.

Be aware, btw, if you go down the .reg route (the one
I suggested): the data in the files are UTF-16 encoded.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk