where do you run database scripts/where are DBs 'located'?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu May 18 01:39:29 EDT 2006

NoNickName wrote:
> Gerard Flanagan wrote:
>

>>Interactive SQL tutorial:  http://www.sqlcourse.com/  ;
>>http://sqlcourse2.com/
>>
>>Indirectly helpful maybe:
>>http://initd.org/tracker/pysqlite/wiki/basicintro
>>
>>HTH
>>
>>Gerard
>

> There's also the TechBookReport SQL tutorial - which is geared to MySQL
> (and, shudder, Access). Take a look at
> http://www.techbookreport.com/sql-tut1.html

I maintain a few useful relational database links for my students at

   http://www.holdenweb.com/students/database.html

They may not help, but they may. Also I just discovered a shareware
application called galaxql that uses a database to describe a galaxy
that the program alos visualizes. This cam help with SQL manipulations,
as the galactic visualisation changes as you update the data in the SQL
database (sqlite, I believe).

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Love me, love my blog  http://holdenweb.blogspot.com