Python Graphics Library

Scott David Daniels scott.daniels at acm.org
Mon May 8 12:52:48 EDT 2006

utab wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Could you please recommend me a graphics library for python. I saw PYX
> which has nice screenshots on the webpage.
>
> My first ambition is to be able to draw 2D or 3D graphs for my
> mathematical results. Maybe later, I can handle other types of
> graphical operations.

PIL (Python Imaging Library) is the "standard" Python graphics library.
It is used to create images in the form of pictures and saving as .png,
.jpg, or whatever.
     http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/

Also check out ReportLab and my constant recommendation, VPython.
     http://www.reportlab.org
                    -- generate PDFs.
     http://www.vpython.org
                    -- 3(or 2)-D as interactive display graphics.  It
                       gives real 3-D graphics (mouse can roll & zoom).
                       VPython can also put out POV-Ray source
                       (  http://www.povray.org  ).

--Scott David Daniels
scott.daniels at acm.org