Anyone compiling Python 2.3 on an SCO OpenServer 5 box?

Aurelio Martin aurelioNOSPAMmartin at tele2.es
Thu May 25 20:03:12 EDT 2006

Mike Kent wrote:
> If anyone is successfully compiling Pyton 2.3 on an SCO OpenServer 5
> box, I'd appreciate hearing from you on how you managed to do it.  So
> far, I'm unable to get a python that doesn't coredump.

Hey, I remember trying to compile Python 1.5 on an SCO OpenServer 5 box
back in 1997 ! It was a mess so I downloaded an SCO binary instead (I
think, my memory is not what it used to be, or is it?).

Why do you want to compile it ? You can download a binary Python 2.3.4
from SCO Skunkware website, at http://www.caldera.com/skunkware/

Your URL:

ftp://ftp2.sco.com/pub/skunkware/osr5/vols/python-2.3.4-VOLS.cpio

Regards

     Aurelio