create a c++ wrapper for python class?

Mark Harrison mh at pixar.com
Wed May 10 19:29:00 EDT 2006

Right now I'm using Boost Python to wrap some C++ code so
that applications from both languages can use it.

This is great, but I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that
a lot of this work is better coded in Python.  There's nothing
particularly CPU-bound, and the comprehensive Python library is a
big help.

So, I'm looking for a C++ wrapper generator, so that I can
write a class in Python, and then have a .h and .cpp generated
that will give me a corresponding C++ class.

Of course, the usual restrictions apply:  no dynamically
added methods, accessing all instance data via getters
and setters, etc.

It seems a first cut of  this is pretty straightforward,
using introspection to get the required methods.  Something
needs to be done to specify the C++ types of the parameters.

Is there any work being done in this area?

Many TIA,
Mark

--
Mark Harrison