Setting a module package to use new-style classes

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Mon May 1 17:44:41 EDT 2006

"Panos Laganakos" <panos.laganakos at gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a way to have a whole module package use the new-style
> classes, without having to specify it per module-file or even worse,
> per class definition?

TTBOMK, you do that with a single statement per module, before any
class definitions:

    __metaclass__ = object

In general, code in one module doesn't magically affect other modules.

> Maybe by declaring the __metaclass__ in the module's __init__.py?

Presumably you mean "the package's __init__.py", which is itself a
separate module; so no.

--
 \        "I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day, because |
  `\         that means it's gonna be up all night."  -- Steven Wright |