Can Python kill a child process that keeps on running?

I. Myself No.Spam at Spam.none
Mon May 1 19:41:00 EDT 2006

Suppose we spawn a child process with Popen.  I'm thinking of an
executable file, like a compiled C program.
Suppose it is supposed to run for one minute, but it just keeps going
and going.  Does Python have any way to kill it?

This is not hypothetical; I'm doing it now, and it's working pretty
well, but I would like to be able to handle this run-on condition.  I'm
using Windows 2000, but I want my program to be portable to linux.

Thanks

Mitchell Timin

--
I'm proud of http://ANNEvolve.sourceforge.net.  If you want to write software,
or articles, or do testing or research for ANNEvolve, let me know.

Humans may know that my email address is: (but remove the 3 digit number)
zenguy at shaw666 dot ca