Python Programming Books?

vbgunz vbgunz at gmail.com
Wed May 24 15:46:44 EDT 2006

> Thanks vbgunz that was the reply I was looking for!
> Do you think it is wise to hold back for a 3rd edition?

No, 2nd edition is literally perfect. The reason why is because almost
nothing significant enough has changed since it's publication. In other
words, you will not learn any outdated material. everything you learn
in Learning Python is still applicable in the latest version of Python
(2.4.3, 2.5).

I will not be surprised in the least if typos are the only items
corrected in the 3rd edition, perhaps along with a little bit of some
new material. The fundamentals, the basics, the only real knowledge
necessary to start getting busy in Python is found in the book. Good
luck, I hope you enjoy it!