Python - Web Display Technology

Paul Rubin http
Mon May 22 12:23:09 EDT 2006

"SamFeltus" <sam at nuevageorgia.com> writes:
> As for the blind issue,that makes no sense to me.  Is the suggestion
> that we should give up using images in web sites since some people
> can't see them.  Might as well throw out the use of the img tag while
> we are at it?

Img tags should always have alt text describing the image, for those
unable or unwilling to view the image ("unwilling" might be because of
the download time).  That bypasses the need to view the image.  A heck
of a lot of flash sites have no way to bypass the flash.

    Perhaps Python is not a great language to focus on for someone
    with a strong interest in Flash and little interest in HTML?

Shrug, I don't see much relation, except that Python programmers tend
to be tasteful and not care about Flash much.  Maybe if you stick
around here, you'll see the light ;-).