Multi-line lambda proposal.

Scott David Daniels scott.daniels at acm.org
Mon May 8 21:06:53 EDT 2006

Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> I've been reading the recent cross-posted flamewar, and read Guido's
> article where he posits that embedding multi-line lambdas in
> expressions is an unsolvable puzzle.
>
> So for the last 15 minutes I applied myself to this problem and come up
> with this off-the-wall proposal for you people. Perhaps this idea has
> been proposed before, I don't know.

Well, ask yourself, what is the complexity, and what is the
benefit.  You are solving a problem that causes very little
pain, and introducing a mechanism that is likely to inspire
thousands of lines of unmaintainable code.  Essentially, a
rule that says, "if it is not a simple expression, pick a
name for it" is just not a bad idea.

--Scott David Daniels
scott.daniels at acm.org