to thine own SELF be true...

Mark Harrison mh at pixar.com
Fri May 5 13:08:24 EDT 2006

Is there a way to do something equivalent to "import * from self"?
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I'm having a headache
when dealing with class instance data, forgetting to always
put the "self." prefix

For example, in my brain I'm thinking:

        optc,args=getopt.getopt(args,cmdopts[cmd][0], cmdopts[cmd][1])

but I'm having to type:

        self.optc,self.args=getopt.getopt(self.args,self.cmdopts[self.cmd][0],
                                                    self.cmdopts[self.cmd][1])

Is there a way to get rid of those the "self." references, or is this
just something I need to get my brain to accept?

Many TIA,
Mark

--
Mark Harrison