Decrypt DES by password

Thomas Dybdahl Ahle thomas at localhost.localdomain
Tue May 16 02:00:04 EDT 2006

Den Mon, 15 May 2006 11:32:47 -0700. skrev Paul Rubin:
> Thomas Dybdahl Ahle <thomas at localhost.localdomain> writes:
>> byte[] array2 = bytes1.CryptDeriveKey("DES", "MD5", 0, array1);
>> > Anybody know how to do this in python?
>
> I'm not aware of a standard that says how CryptDeriveKey is supposed
> to work.  Or rather, there are multiple possible standard ways to do
> it.  If you can find an exact specification, or C# source code that
> does it, it will probably be straightforward to reimplement in Python.

I tried to find out how the monofolks did it, but also they didn't know
the algorithms. Maybe I should find a windows computer with .net, create
the key and base64 encode it, so that I could take it to the python
program...

But thanks for the excample anyways. Maybe I can use it, if I need to
encrypt something myself, another time.

--
Programmers should realize their critical importance and responsibility in a
world gone digital. They are in many ways similar to the priests and monks of