iterator? way of generating all possible combinations?

akameswaran at gmail.com akameswaran at gmail.com
Tue May 30 13:22:54 EDT 2006

Well thanks for the mathematical restatement of my problem.  I had
forgotten the proper terms.  Searching on those terms generates some
interesting results.

However, none of the algo's I have checked will work with generated
sequences, or iterable classes, as posited in my first post.

While appropriate to the current domain, ie dice.  What if you want
combinations of extrememely large lists, say 3 sets of 10 mil items.
In such a case, I really do want my sets to be generators rather than
lists or set objects.

This is what had me stumped before, and still has me stumped.