How to use tk.call ?

James Stroud jstroud at ucla.edu
Mon May 29 22:35:01 EDT 2006

jerry.levan at gmail.com wrote:

> I can't find how too use tk.call, can anyone give me a clue as to how
> solve my problem?

py> from Tkinter import *
py> tk = Tk()
py> tk.tk
<tkapp object at 0x403f54b8>
py> tk.tk.call
<built-in method call of tkapp object at 0x403f54b8>

Also, any widget should have a tk (which has a call):

py> b = Button(tk, text='button')
py> b.tk
<tkapp object at 0x403f54b8>
py> b.tk.call
<built-in method call of tkapp object at 0x403f54b8>

> I have tried the following:
>
> self.table.bind("<Button-4>",self.table.tk.call(self.table._w,'yview','scroll',-5,'units')

I haven't used Table, but are you sure that what you are calling
"self.table" here actually has mouse focus?

James

--
James Stroud
Box 951570