Scaled Vector Graphics

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Mon May 8 09:58:49 EDT 2006

I have been asked to write a routine to merge documents in pfd and svg
formats into a single file (preferably pfd format).  Currently we send the
pdf image to the printer followed by the svg image (a scan of a health care
claim) but this is not a satisfactory solution.  We have as many as 3000
document pairs daily (another project in development will send all the
information to out clients electronically via EDI X12 format).

Does Python offer support for working with svg files?  I've looked at the
PIL and Reportlab packages and Googled around but have not found anything.
My other option is to snag one of the routines I've found that claim to
convert scg to pdf and then merge them as pdf files.

Any help or suggestions you may supply will be greatly appreciated,

Greg Lindstrom
NovaSys Health
Little Rock, Arkansas (USA)