Python - Web Display Technology

Roel Schroeven rschroev_nospam_ml at fastmail.fm
Sun May 21 17:41:05 EDT 2006

SamFeltus schreef:
> Here is a visual argument, I would love to see a list of AJAX and SVG
> sites that display excellent graphics.
> http://bacardimojito.com/main.swf
> http://tokyoplastic.com/LF.swf
> http://coolbreathpower.com/
> http://www.peterjoel.com/flash8previews/candleFlame.html
> http://shiroganeya.co.jp/main_en.html
> http://samfeltus.com/swf/contact_globes.swf
> http://justforthefofit.com/
> http://mochiland.com/
> http://obleek.com/iraq/index.html
> http://www.flashbum.com/v4/
> http://spaceinvaders.de/ (example of antiquated graphics simply handled
> by Flash)

In my humble opinion, those sites are an argument _against_ the use of
Flash on websites. They may look pretty (I don't think they do, but I
can imagine there are people out there who like the looks of those
sites), but they fail as websites: long load times and especially such
horrible navigation is a big no-no.

I guess there is a place for Flash, but it's certainly not appropriate
as an alternative for websites. I admit that they _can_ be useful as
objects on a pages, for example the games on the last site you mention.
But please don't use Flash to design the website itself.

Roel Schroeven