A critic of Guido's blog on Python's lambda

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Sat May 6 07:04:56 EDT 2006

Bill Atkins wrote:
> OK, my real question is: what features of Python make it "scalable"?

Let me guess: Python makes it easier to scale the application on
the "features" axis, and the approach to large-scale computation
taken by google makes Python's poor raw performance not so big
an issue, so it doesn't prevent the application from scaling
on the "load" and "amount of data" axes. I also guess that python
is often used to control simple, fast C/C++ programs, or even
to generate such programs.

Best regards
Tomasz