Far from complete

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue May 16 05:58:01 EDT 2006

Kay Schluehr wrote:
> Section 2.3 of the Python 2.5. tutorial
>
> "The following sections describe the standard types that are built into
> the interpreter. Historically, Python's built-in types have differed
> from user-defined types because it was not possible to use the built-in
> types as the basis for object-oriented inheritance. With the 2.2
> release this situation has started to change, although the intended
> unification of user-defined and built-in types is as yet far from
> complete. "
>
> "Far from complete"? Have I missed something?

Releases 2.3 through 2.5, by the look of it :)

Of course the "classic" classes still remain, and probably won't
disappear until 3.0, so that could be regarded as "completion" of the
change described. Then *everything* will ultimately be based on "object".

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Love me, love my blog  http://holdenweb.blogspot.com