installing numpy

Christoph Haas email at christoph-haas.de
Tue May 9 08:23:04 EDT 2006

(Replying to my own posting... how I hate that...)

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 02:07:15PM +0200, Christoph Haas wrote:
> On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 09:43:50PM +1000, Gary Wessle wrote:
> > Christoph Haas <email at christoph-haas.de> writes:

> > > What about "python-numeric"? Found through "apt-cache search numpy".
> >
> > is no longer maintained, notice my previous post titled "Numerical
> > Python Tutorial errors"
>
> Are you sure? The last update of the Debian package was slightly over a
> month ago (http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/python-numeric.html).

Yes, you are right. "python-numeric" refers to NumPy but contains the
"Numeric" version of it (24-2). It's pretty misleading.

I'll ask the package maintainer about the status of python-numpy in Debian
and hopefully come back with news.

Kindly
 Christoph
--
Please reply to the list - not to me personally. Personal replies are ignored.