ImportError: No module named HTMLParser

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed May 3 02:43:32 EDT 2006

Mike wrote:

> I'm getting the above message on a server installation (2.4) of Python.
> I don't get the error using my script on my own machine. I'm trying to
> use the non-sgmllib one - the standard HTMLParser but it won't import
> on the server. How can I go about checking which file should reside
> where?

are you sure you're running 2.4 on the server ?  (or rather, that your
Python programs are picking up the 2.4 installation, and not some older
version).

did you do the installation yourself ?  have you checked the contents of
the sys.path variable ?  does the output from

    python -v -c "import HTMLParser"

look correct (i.e. does it search for stuff where you actually installed it) ?

</F>