Python & SSL

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Thu May 4 03:48:37 EDT 2006

Edward Elliott enlightened us with:
> Encryption has multiple meanings.  In the general sense, it
> encompasses all of cryptography and the information security
> properties crypto provides.

And if you already know who'll get the message, it's secure. I get it
:)

Thanks for the nice read ;-)

> Of course if you control the server and serve a small clientele who
> already trust you, you can have clients import your own cert so they
> really can be sure who they're talking to -- as long as your master
> key remains secret.

I'm used to using it like that. My own graduation project uses SSL to
thoroughly check the identity of both parties, without a web of trust.

> The moral of this story is: computer security is an ugly, complex
> business.

Yup.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa