[silly] Does the python mascot have a name ?

Steve lonetwin.nospam at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 13:08:28 EDT 2006

Carl J. Van Arsdall wrote:

>>> Nope. If it was Dutch it would probably be Odie
>>>
>> Damn.
>>

> Odi(e) was a punk.  I'm gonna be a rebel without a cause and stay with
> Monty ;)
Yes ! Monty sounds much better ! ...also imagine the expression on the PHB's
face if this were to happen ...

PHB: So, why is the language called python ?
DEV: Well, it is named after Monty Python.
PHB: Eh, but you just said the mascot was called Monty. Do you mean the
      language was named after it's mascot ??!!??
DEV: Eh, yeah. They spent a lot of time deciding the mascot and naming it,
      before they designed the language.

Regards
Steve