clear memory? how?

Andrew Gwozdziewycz apgwoz at gmail.com
Tue May 9 09:45:37 EDT 2006

Glad to see you're trying Python instead of Matlab. Python was never
meant to be a replacement for Matlab. It's a general purpose
programming language like Java, or C#. Though it has very little in
common with either of those languages. Since Python is a general
purpose language, if you want Matlab like functionality, you need to
rely on some other libraries that exist out there. Matplotlib, NumPy
to name a few will make your Matlab- to Python transition go much
more smoothly. You might also want to check out ipython, which is
just a different interface to the python toplevel.