Windows Registry Dump

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Fri May 19 06:40:42 EDT 2006

[Dirk Hagemann]

| I want to do some analysis (as always ;-) ) and for that
| reason I think
| it's more practical to go trough a text-file. I can produce this
| text-file also by right-click on the key (the  folder) in the registry
| and select "Export". There one can select Text-File and the
| place where
| to save the text-file. This I want to be done by python automatically.

Well, unless you want to go to the effort of recreating
the .reg file format, it's probably worth trying to call
regedit with a param or two:

http://www.windowsitlibrary.com/Content/237/2.html

suggests that something like:

regedit /e c:\temp\desktop.reg "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop"

will do the business. (And it worked for me a on a simple test run).

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk