problem with import autotest ...

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri May 19 20:51:13 EDT 2006

"bravegag" <bravegag at gmail.com> writes:

> I have a script that works just fine on linux but when I try to
> debug from Windows using Eclipse and PyDEV plugin then it does not
> work. The Python version is the same 2.3.x , and command line is
> roughly the same.

2.3.x is not a version. Which versions are you using on each?

    >>> import sys
    >>> sys.version
    '2.3.5 (#2, Sep  4 2005, 22:01:42) \n[GCC 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-13)]'

> The point is that from Linux the "import autotest" works as intended
> i.e. just allow the importing module use some functions but from
> Windows it autoruns itself just by importing it, I do not get why or
> how?

    >>> import autotest
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    ImportError: No module named autotest

What is this 'autotest' module? Where are you expecting it to come
from?

--
 \        "If it ain't bust don't fix it is a very sound principle and |
  `\      remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it |