Class probkem - getting msg that self not defined

Andrew Robert andrew.arobert at gmail.com
Mon May 22 17:47:15 EDT 2006

Hey Bruno,

Although I have not tested it, this appears to be it exactly.

Some confusion though.

<snip

</snip>
> import struct
>
> class TriggerMessage(object):
>     def __init__(self,data):
>         """
>         Unpacks the passed binary data based on the
>         MQTCM2 format dictated in
>         the MQ Application Programming Reference
>         """
I am okay up to here :).

After that, well..

What does the _ before the variables mean?

Why are you defining _format and _data here? I would have thought it
belongs in the decode section.

I think it is very slick but I would like to try and understand your
approach.

Also, why assert in calculating the struct size?

Very cool how you did this.