Multiple Version Install?

David C. Ullrich ullrich at math.okstate.edu
Thu May 4 08:39:02 EDT 2006

Would there be issues (registry settings, environment
variables, whatever) if a person tried to install
versions 1.x and 2.x simultaneously on one Windows
system? Windows 98, if it matters.

(I can handle the file associations with no problem.)

Thanks.

**************************

If anyone feels like pointing out that there's simply
no reason to want to keep 1.x after installing the
current version: By all means talk me into that!

The problem is not that I'm concerned about backwards
compatibility of Python code. The problem is that I
use Python embedded in various Delphi programs,
including a "DIDE" that I use really a lot, via
a certain set of Delphi "components". These components
don't seem to work with 2.x. Presumably the PyDelphi
people have new versions of the components that do
work with Python 2.x. These presumably use much
newer versions of Delphi than what I have. A new
version of Delphi is not free... If I could use
Python 2.x when I need to while continuing to
use 1.x the way I have been for things that
don't need 2.x that would be convenient.